Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Not Just Eric's Trap


Today I want to share with you a book that I've read - The Eric Trap by Jim Wideman, Sam Luce, & Kenny Conley.

The Eric Trap is a story of a week in the life of a children's pastor, Eric Neuman.

I was excited to read this book as a volunteer in children's ministry hoping to get a peek into the life of a children's pastor. Instead what I came to realize as I read Eric's story is that...

I am Eric Newman.

You see, this book just isn't about a children's pastor. It is about a person who leads. I have walked in Eric's steps. Yes, even as a volunteer I have had some of those same challenges. These aren't just Eric's traps. They are mine as well. I would go as far to say they could be yours too.

One of the great things about this book is that you aren't left just identifying with Eric. Several wise people who have also walked in Eric's steps share what they have learned in their leadership journey to help you avoid these mistakes or to help you walk through the mistakes to the other side. And if you lead anywhere in any capacity, these principles are ones you need to hear. I know that I did.

To read more about The Eric Trap and those who have written it, you can visit the website here:
You can also follow Eric Newman on Twitter here:

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...