Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hold My Hand Mommy!




When my boys were very little, they loved taking walks and holding my hand. We would walk down a path chatting away about our days. As they got older, they would still hold my hand as we walked, but there would be brief moments when they would run ahead with me chasing after them. Today my two oldest hold my hand less frequently with rare moments that they grab hold of my hand. My youngest and I still hold hands as we walk together. Today all three of them are secure in knowing that I am walking with them and my hand is always there for them to hold onto.

I was thinking today of how similar this is to walking with my heavenly Father. I cherish those times when I walk along the path holding His hand. I still have those moments where I let go and run ahead and He chases me to bring me back to the path. I too am secure in knowing He walks with me and His hand is always there for me to hold.

Those walks with my sons are an example to me and to them of a loving Father who longs to hold hands with His children. Today I so look forward to those moments that begin with, “Hold my hand Mommy!” I know He does too.

4 comments:

  1. Our children have an amazing way of teaching us lessons about our Father! Found your blog through the Monday Mom Musings at Jelli Bean Journals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true! So blessed to connect with you and look forward to getting to know you! Blessings!

      Delete
  2. What a heartfelt post. You really illustrated well how much God wants that special love relationship with each of his children. I think that before we're parents, it's much harder to really comprehend the father heart of God. How sweet to walk holding his hand. Thank you for really blessing my morning, Wendy. I always look forward to reading the posts you link up with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jelli! I love to think of Him this way. The boys show me so often how much He loves me as Father. Blessings sweet friend!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...