Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What I'm Reading


I am doing this series on Wednesdays that will give me an opportunity to share what I am reading. This may vary from week to week as I tend to read multiple books at a time.




There are certain books in my children's ministry library that I pull out and reread on a regular basis.
Volunteers that Stick by Jim Wideman is one of those books for sure.

In the first chapter he shares about what it takes to create a volunteer-friendly culture.
  • Fun - Make your culture fun for volunteers.
  • Fair - Make your culture fair for volunteers.
  • Forgiving - Make your culture forgiving for volunteers.
  • Faithful - Make your culture faithful for volunteers.
He goes into detail on how to accomplish these things as well as some obstacles to overcome in doing so.

One of the things that I love about Jim as an author is that everytime I open one of his books, I feel like I am sitting down to chat with a friend.

Not only do I recommend that you read every book that Jim has written which you can find here, but I highly recommend that you check out The Club

You can read more from Jim on his blog here:

What are you reading right now?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...