Thursday, January 6, 2011

Along the Way


As I begin this new adventure in children's ministry, I am so excited to lead the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade girls in KidzPlayce at The Gathering. These Thursday posts are part of my journey along the way.

This past week in KidzPlayce I was blessed to not only spend time with my 345 girls, but we were joined by the 1st and 2nd grade small group girls.

This is when I get to brag on my 345 girls.

Not only did they welcome the younger girls, they also took the lead with them. They initiated conversations, stood with them during worship, and encouraged them during our small group time.

I loved seeing the younger girls looking to my girls during our prayer request time and opening up due to encouraging words from them. To see the younger ones praying aloud due to seeing my girls doing the same. Listening to my girls explain to the younger girls why we bring our bibles each week (which didn't involve the reward at all) and how to find scripture was a beautiful moment for me.

I am so blessed to be a part of these girls' lives.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...