Friday, January 7, 2011

Sharing My Son's Heart


Today I wanted to share something with you that my AJ wrote last week. He is pictured above with his closest friends and is the one in the tux. I was encouraged by it as I love how he has found his voice through writing. Definitely a proud momma moment.

How are We Any Better?

You know, until a couple weeks ago, I didn't realize how many Freshman were into drugs, sex, etc. I mean, it's ridiculous. Some people who were the innocents a couple years ago are into all of that and more. Good thing not everyone is into all of that. But do I consider myself a good person? No. I might not be smoking cigarettes on weekends, but what I do wrong is just as bad as what they do. Mabye I won't die young from telling lies or bending the truth, but the bottom line is, the important consequence is the same. Let me explain.


Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Pretty much means if we do something wrong, from a white lie, to robbing a bank, to beating your wife, to smoking and destroying your own body, we get the same punishment in the end.

Of course some sins are worse than others; raping, torturing, and killing someone is obviously less wanted than a white lie. I can't find a verse in the Bible saying otherwise. But in the end, they all have the same ending consequence, which is mentioned above. So don't get full of yourself when you see people doing stuff like drugs and such, you've done bad yourself. But luckily, there's help for everyone, from the drugee to the rapist to the cold-blooded murderer. No sin CAN'T be forgiven.

1 John 2:2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

2 Corinthians 5:21 Christ had no sin, but God made him become sin so that in Christ we could become right with God.

Basically saying that Jesus died for ANYTHING bad we could do. Like I said, there's help for anyone and everyone. Pretty much all you have to do is ask God into your heart and try to follow the Bible. Basically meaning try to be a good person. Of course we all slip up. Name one person other than Jesus that didn't. But like I said, that's what God sent His Son to die for.

-Anthony Douglas


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...