Saturday, November 27, 2010

God Broke My Heart


God Broke My Heart


Some might say that I serve in children's ministry because I am just a big kid at heart. Or some might say that it is an outlet for creativity. Or it might be said that I serve so that I can teach.

Maybe that is how it all began, but one moment in time changed all that. One moment on a Sunday morning when a little girl let me tie a salvation bracelet on her wrist as she sang "Arise My Love." In that one moment God broke my heart for children.

My heart is broken...

-For the child who has never heard who Jesus is and how much He loves them.

-For the child who has never been to church or even know what that is.

-For the child who will go thru so many struggles alone wondering who even
cares.

-For the child who is bombarded by images on tv (and some even in their own
lives) of hatred and violence and think that it is normal.

-For the child that will go to bed tonight hungry.

-For the child who longs for an unconditional love from anyone.

They are screaming "SEE ME! HEAR ME! LOVE ME!"

Who will tell them that God does?
Who will show them His love is real?

We should be doing everything possible to reach out to children today for Christ. Tell them about the Son of God who loved them so much that He died for them! Tell them that forgiveness is possible thru Jesus and He will always be there for them! Tell them that they have a place in His house!

It is time to boldly proclaim God's love to our children today!

I will stand for these children and tell them every week how much Jesus loves them. I will kneel for these children and pray that they open their hearts and accept Jesus as their Savior. For the children that are there, for the ones to come, and the ones that may never come.

They are why I do what I do. My heart is broken and I will never see a child the same again.
Thank God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...