Friday, November 26, 2010

Along the Way


As I begin this new adventure in children's ministry, I am so excited to lead the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade girls in KidzPlayce at The Gathering. These Thursday posts are part of my journey along the way.

We recently started something new in KidzPlayce. The small groups are sitting together during our large group time. This is really working out well for my small group girls and it has allowed some pretty neat things to happen as a result of the change.
  • The girls have started to look up the scriptures referenced in the lesson to read along. They are helping each other find the verses and sharing with those who didn't bring their bibles.
  • The girls are beginning to consult each other when a question is asked and discussing it before answering. They are encouraging each other to come up with answers and cheering for each other when they get it right.
  • The girls are growing closer through worshipping side by side. This past Sunday my heart nearly burst when two of my girls held hands while raising the other hands in praise.
I am so blessed to watch my girls not only grow as individuals, but grow together as a group. My prayer is that this is just the beginning of their lifelong friendship with Jesus and each other.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...