Friday, October 15, 2010

Proof Positive


There are times that I wonder if my sons hear me. Not just during those times when I ask them to clean their rooms or make their beds, but the big stuff.

Do they hear me when I say how much God loves them? Do they hear me when I say that God so wants them to talk to Him in prayer? Do they hear me when I share what a treasure His Word is? Do they hear how important it is to serve in and outside the church? Do they hear me when I tell them how big God wants them to dream?

I could go on and on, but this week it hit me. They really have heard me. Conner has begun to serve in the preschool area in KidzPlayce which he pursued on his own. He absolutely loves spending time with the kids and helping each week. I listened to one of AJ's friend's tell him a few weeks ago how AJ has impacted his faith. I have listened as he has given this same friend some fantastic advice regarding relationships and honesty. And last but definitely not least, my Zachary worships like my heart has lept out of my chest. To watch him sing and dance in praise is overwhelming.

These are just a few of the things happening with my boys. Some are little things and some are big things, but all are...
proof positive that they have heard me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...