Thursday, October 14, 2010

Along the Way


As I begin this new journey in my children's ministry adventure, I am so excited to lead the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade girls in KidzPlayce at The Gathering. These Thursday posts are part of my journey along the way.

One thing that I have found to be very important as a small group leader is to be sensitive to the prompting of the Holy Spirit. I know that might sound a bit deep to some, so maybe you could call it trusting your instincts. I believe that the Holy Spirit will lead you as you lead your group.

For me it looks something like this:
Today in small group one of the topics we discussed was about ways that we could show that people mean more than things. Usually during the chat time I have a few girls in the group that will speak right up. Then I have those that hold back a bit. Today I felt prompted to really stick to the question and give the quieter girls a nudge by not moving on in the conversation.

Sometimes you have to push past those uncomfortable silences as you never know what is on the other side of them. So following the Holy Spirit's lead today encouraged a few girls to come out of their shells and share today. I am so thankful to be a part of those kinds of moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...