Thursday, October 21, 2010

Along the Way


As I begin this new journey in my children's ministry adventure, I am so excited to lead the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade girls in KidzPlayce at The Gathering. These Thursday posts are part of my journey along the way.

I know that some may reward kids for bringing their bibles to service, but I would like to try a different approach with the girls in my small group. Each week they have a memory verse to learn that coincides with the lesson. I would really like to show them how to find that verse in their bibles as well.

Last week I issued the challenge to bring their bibles with them this week to start something new. I hinted to the fact that a reward would be involved, but expressly told them it would not be for bringing it in, but what we will be doing with it in small group. What I want to do it show them how to locate the verse and have them highlight it. Then I would like to have them share it with their families some time during the week. That is where the reward comes in. I want to have an adult date the verse that has been highlighted. Once they show me the date the following week, they will receive their rewards.

I am hoping this will help the girls navigate their Bible as well as encouraging the families to share some devotional time and chat about what was learned that week. I am really excited about this opportunity to pass on my love for God's Word and what treasures can be found there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...