Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Storms With and Without Jesus

I have experienced two major storms in my life. One literal and one figurative. One having a relationship with Jesus and one without. This is the beginning...

Hurricane Wilma made landfall on October 24, 2005. Donnie, me, and the boys huddled in the bathroom and hallway for hours as the eye of the storm passed over our apartment complex. Fear was real that day as the walls shook. I could see it in my husband's eyes and hear it in the cries of my boys. I remember thinking that this could be the moment...the last moment.

I prayed that day, but it wasn't the prayer of someone who had a relationship with Jesus. Yes I grew up in church and accepted Christ as my Savior, but had drifted away from Him. So I prayed that "panic" prayer - "Lord please save us." And He did.

The only change that came out of that storm was a geographical one as we moved to Seymour. At least that is what I thought. I had no idea what God had in store.

Yes another storm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...