Friday, July 3, 2009

Wash who's feet?

I was thinking of all the miracles that Jesus performed while He was here on earth. I love teaching the kids about those times that Jesus WOWed the crowd. But I was thinking what impacted me most as I read the Gospels. It was the night that Jesus washed His disciples feet. What love and tenderness He showed these men by doing the simplest gesture - washing their feet.

Having loved His own who were in the world, He now showed them the full extent of His love. John 13:1b

I was thinking would I be like Peter and think I was not worthy to have my Savior wash my feet? I love Peter's response when Jesus said that if he didn't allow him to wash his feet then he couldn't be with him. Peter said to not only wash his feet, but his hands and head as well.

Jesus said, "Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you should also wash one another's feet. I have set an example that you should do as I have done for you."
John 13:14-15

Ok so I wouldn't necessarily wash someone's feet, but how do I show love and compassion every day? Do I show the full extent of my love for people in everything I do and say?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...