Saturday, July 4, 2009

Directionally challenged

Ok I admit it, I am terrible at directions. I can't read a map to save my life. When I need to go somewhere, I Google it and use the step by step directions. I also do much better when someone is giving me directions when they use landmarks instead of streets and such.

So the series that we just finished at The Summit was called "Directionally Challenged." Yep that's me! This series was all about discovering God's will for your life. AWESOME series and so spoke to me on so many levels! You can check it out here:
http://www.thesummitlive.tv/summitvideos.html

So I prayed for so long to know God's will for my life, but what I really wanted was step by step directions. Could I Google that? Not hardly, but I could find the map...in His Word.

Yes it would be nice sometimes for there to be a huge sign saying "GO THIS WAY", but this is where faith comes in.

Do I believe that God loves me? With all my heart! Do I believe that He wants the best for me? With all my soul! Do I believe that God can do anything? ABSOLUTELY!

So this isn't about my life at all. God's will is all about what He is doing in His world and how He wants to use me for HIS purpose. Do I need a map for that? Got one...

"I am the way, the truth, and the life..." John 14:6

Count me in on a road trip with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...