Sunday, April 28, 2013

Through the Looking Glass



Sometimes attending a conference can overwhelm you with all the information shared there. You might not know which great idea to implement first or what change needs to happen right away. You attend main sessions and workshops where speakers pour into you. You have conversations with others in ministry who do what you do and close friends that speak into your life.

The Orange Conference was different for me this year. Instead of feeling like I was drinking from a fire hose, it felt more like taking a looking glass to my life. Much of it made me ask some really important questions about myself that will take some time to truly ponder.

One thing became very clear to me at a conference that's theme was focus. It clarified my passion - creating community, deepening relationships, and transparent conversations.

Because it happened at a children's ministry conference, does it only apply to my role as a volunteer in our children's ministry? I don't believe so. I think that it runs across the board in every area of my life - from being a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, and a volunteer.

Now ask me to explain what this looks like and I will tell you that I honestly don't know right now. I just know that this is what God spoke to my heart during the time I spent with Him at the conference. There is change coming - something new. I feel a bit restless and unsettled by it, yet hopeful and excited about all He has in store for me.


No one’s ever seen or heard or imagined anything like this. 
What God has arranged for those who love him. 
You’ve seen and heard it because God by his Spirit 
has brought it all out into the open before you. 
The Spirit dives into the depths of God 
and brings out what God planned all along. 
1 Corinthians 2:9-10

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...