Sunday, January 1, 2012

One Word: BE





For the past month I have been praying about my one word for the coming year. 2011's word was Obey. As I was reflecting on the past year and dreaming about the coming year, I realized that I am not saying goodbye to this year's word and the journey it brought me through, but adding to it and continuing on that same journey.

My word for 2012 is
Be.

2011 was alot about doing.
Taking the step He was asking of me.

2012 is more about being.


Just be the person He has created me to be.

Just be with Him.

Just be with my family.

Just be with my friends.

Just be with my small group girls.

Just be present in every moment He gives me.

So looking forward to all He has for me in 2012.

Happy New Year friends!

May the Lord bless you
and protect you.
May the Lord smile on you
and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his favor
and give you his peace.
Numbers 6:24-26 

4 comments:

  1. Our family does a "one little word" for the new year, too...I'll be posting about mine soon! Happy New Year, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Katie! Can't wait to read your post on your one word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great word. . .short and simple. Sounds calming, laid back, and even fun!
    Visiting you from the One Word blog.
    Blessings to you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kristin! Blessings to you as well!

    It seems like such a small word, but is a big challenge for a "do-er" like me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...