Thursday, December 22, 2011

One Word: OBEY



I have been spending some time this week looking back on the past year.

What a year it has been!


I really had no idea what God had in store for me. When He asked me in April to step out in obedience I didn't know anything about the second or third step. Just that first one and boy was it a doozy. When He asked me if I would obey and trust Him completely and get out of the boat, I just had to take that first step. And so began the journey.

I wish I could say that every day was easy, but they weren't. Some days were really challenging. There were times that I felt like Peter when he tried to walk on water and stumbled. But like Peter, Jesus held His hand out to me and pulled me back to my feet reminding me to keep my eyes on Him.

There have been days of doubt and discouragement. I have immersed myself in His Word. The place where He reminds me of the depth of His love and all He has promised me. His love letter to me. Those days when I have felt most alone is when He has drawn closer to me than ever before. I have learned to cherish my prayer time with Him even more. To treasure the times He whispers to my heart.

There have been days of great joy and peace. Where I am learning to rest more in Him and what true surrender really means. The gift that He has given me in time with my family and friends. Those moments when my sons say how happy they are to have me home and love all the time we spend together. When my husband says he loves having me here and already sees a difference in our boys and our home. The time spent with my friends over coffee where we talk about everything happening in our lives.

Someone asked me the other day if I would change anything. I wouldn't change anything in the journey He has chosen for me. I would like to be better at walking in it though. But the beauty of this time is that it doesn't end at the stroke of midnight December 31st. That just marks the beginning. The beginning of another year of walking with Him.

I am so excited to see where we're going this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...