Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I'm Not Perfect



What does the Lord your God require of you? He requires only that you fear the Lord your God, and live in a way that pleases him, and love him and serve him with all your heart and soul.
Deuteronomy 10:12

Where does it say perfection?

Too often I expect perfection from myself when even God isn't expecting it from me. When of course I can't achieve that goal, I feel that I have failed not only myself but Him as well.

The beauty of being His daughter is that perfection isn't a prerequisite to receive His love. I am learning more each day about love from my Abba. My Daddy who cheers when I succeed and bends down from heaven to pick me up when I fall. My Daddy who sets me on His lap to whisper so lovingly to my heart and teaches me so much when I sit at His feet. My Daddy who walks with me and reaches out to hold my hand just to let me know He is there. My Daddy who can be silent at times to encourage me to stand on His promises.

He doesn't want perfection.

He just wants me.

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...