Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What I'm Reading


I am doing this series on Wednesdays that will give me an opportunity to share what I am reading. This may vary from week to week as I tend to read multiple books at a time.




I have recently started reading this book by Pastor Robert Morris. I had read his previous book The Blessed Life and was really looking forward to this one about the Holy Spirit.

He begins by sharing that most people are misinformed about or misunderstand the Holy Spirit. That describes me. As a child I didn't learn much about the Holy Spirit in Sunday school and the only reference I remember in our church service was calling Him "the Holy Ghost." That wording alone made the Holy Spirit more of a scary thing rather than a person that I could have a relationship with.

In the first chapter the author talks about who the Holy Spirit is. He is our Helper and Friend. He goes on in the next chapter to discuss the personality of the Holy Spirit. These are things that I am learning as an adult and want so much to pass on to my children as well as in our children's ministry.

Pastor Robert Morris wrote:

"If you don't see the Holy Spirit as a person, you'll never have a personal relationship with Him."

This really is the first step in the path of understanding the Holy Spirit and having a relationship with Him.

What are you reading right now?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...