Thursday, July 21, 2011

Along the Way


As I continue my adventure in children's ministry, I am so excited to lead the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade girls in KidzPlayce at The Gathering.

These Thursday posts are part of my journey along the way.

This past week in Kidzplayce our main point was "God knows everything." During our small group time, one of my girls asked, "If God knows everything, why do we pray?" She went on to say that He already knows what is in our minds and hearts. I explained that one of the reasons that we pray is that God wants to speak to us too. That we can look at prayer as a conversation with Him. She then asked, "What if I mess up the words?" I explained that you can't mess up a prayer...that there is no right way or wrong way to pray. Then I reminded her of what she said before-that God knows our hearts and minds. That when we pray, we just speak what is in our hearts and that can't ever be wrong.

So many times we get caught up in the formality of prayer instead of just sharing our hearts with Him. This can be intimidating for kids. I think it is so important to let them know it is about a conversation with God. One reason is so they feel confortable talking to Him and another reason is so they realize that He wants to talk to them during this time as well.


I am constantly reminded what a blessing it is to be a part of these girls' lives.


1 comment:

  1. Wendy, I always enjoy your posts!! Keep on writing! Susan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...