Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Band of Sisters Challenge Day 3


The group of women that I am blessed to be a part of called Band of Sisters has been reading and discussing the book Sun Stand Still by Pastor Steven Furtick. During last night's chat a challenge was issued to meditate and share the Twelve Audacious Faith Confessions that are in Chapter 10 for the next week until we meet together again.

These Faith Confessions are a way for us to "preach to ourselves" during those times when we don't have someone around to motivate and encourage us. This is a fantastic way to remind ourselves of the promises and truths of God that are found in His Word.

Faith Confession #5

I am fully resourced to do everything God has called me to do.

Remember the Lord your God. He is the one who gives you power to be successful, in order to fulfill the covenant he confirmed to your ancestors with an oath.
Deuteronomy 8:18

Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.
Luke 6:38

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13

Faith Confession #6

I have no insecurity, because I see myself the way God sees me.

Then God said, “Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.”

So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
Genesis 1:26-27

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed.
Psalm 139:13-16

For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God’s word. He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault.
Ephesians 5:25-27


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...