Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Band of Sisters Challenge Day 2


The group of women that I am blessed to be a part of called Band of Sisters has been reading and discussing the book Sun Stand Still by Pastor Steven Furtick. During last night's chat a challenge was issued to meditate and share the Twelve Audacious Faith Confessions that are in Chapter 10 for the next week until we meet together again.

These Faith Confessions are a way for us to "preach to ourselves" during those times when we don't have someone around to motivate and encourage us. This is a fantastic way to remind ourselves of the promises and truths of God that are found in His Word.

Faith Confession #3

I have no fear or anxiety; I trust in the Lord with all my heart.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 3:5-6 

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
1 Peter 5:7

Faith Confession #4

I am able to fulfill the calling God has placed on my life.

Look! The cry of the people of Israel has reached me, and I have seen how harshly the Egyptians abuse them. Now go, for I am sending you to Pharaoh. You must lead my people Israel out of Egypt.”

But Moses protested to God, “Who am I to appear before Pharaoh? Who am I to lead the people of Israel out of Egypt?”

God answered, “I will be with you. And this is your sign that I am the one who has sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God at this very mountain.”
Exodus 3:9-12

I cry out to God Most High, to God who will fulfill his purpose for me.
Psalm 57:2

I am glad when I suffer for you in my body, for I am participating in the sufferings of Christ that continue for his body, the church. God has given me the responsibility of serving his church by proclaiming his entire message to you. This message was kept secret for centuries and generations past, but now it has been revealed to God’s people. For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. And this is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory.

So we tell others about Christ, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all the wisdom God has given us. We want to present them to God, perfect in their relationship to Christ. That’s why I work and struggle so hard, depending on Christ’s mighty power that works within me.
Colossians 1:24-29




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...