Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What I'm Reading


I am doing this series on Wednesdays that will give me an opportunity to share what I am reading. This may vary from week to week as I tend to read multiple books at a time.



Right now I'm reading Jesus on Leadership.

Here are just a few things the author has said that are really speaking to me:

We who lead often overlook that the true place of Christlike leadership is out in the crowd rather than up at the head table.

Head tables have replaced the towel and washbasin as symbols of leadership among God's people.

Servant leadership is passionate service to the mission and to those who join the leader on that mission.

Submission to God and to the divine mission for your life is the first step to servant leadership. You will never become a servant leader until you first become servant TO the Leader.

What are you reading right now?
How are the author's words speaking to you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...