Thursday, May 26, 2011

Along the Way


As I continue my adventure in children's ministry, I am so excited to lead the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade girls in KidzPlayce at The Gathering.

These Thursday posts are part of my journey along the way.

A few weeks ago in small group with my 345 girls we were talking about being faithful. When I asked ways that we can be faithful, one of my girls mentioned reading her Bible every day. I asked them for reasons they might have trouble doing this and several stated that didn't really understand some of what they were reading so they would give up trying.

This opened up the door for us to talk about the Holy Spirit.

I explained to them that is part of what the Holy Spirit does for us. That the Holy Spirit helps us to understand the words that we read in our Bibles. I asked if they prayed before reading their Bibles asking for wisdom and understanding of what they were about to read and they said they didn't know they could do that. Of course I also encouraged them to talk with their parents about anything they were having trouble reading.

What I came away from this discussion with was a realization that I have shared alot about God and Jesus with them, but not alot about the Holy Spirit. This is definitely something I want to change.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...