Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What I'm Reading

I am doing this series on Wednesdays that will give me an opportunity to share what I am reading. This may vary from week to week as I tend to read multiple books at a time.



Right now I'm reading this book by Sue Miller. After hearing her share during her breakout at the Orange Conference this year ( my notes ), I really wanted to re-read this one. I love her passion and have since added her to my dream dinner list. 

So in one of the chapters she talks about the importance of having a mission statement and value statements for your children's ministry. A mission statement represents the "what" a ministry does and the values represent the "how" it will be done. She considers these to be the starting point of making your children's ministry the best hour for kids.

Our Kidzplayce Vision is:
Supporting families and giving kids a spiritual foundation that will lead them to Jesus.

Our values are called Core Principles and they are:
Salvation
Fun
Excellence
Security
Age-appropriate
Family Involvement
All Kids Allowed
Environment
Application

What are your mission statement and values?
How do you feel they guide your ministry?
How important do you think it is to have both of these clearly defined?
Do your volunteers know what they are?
How do you communicate them?

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to read this, too! Thanks, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...