Friday, May 13, 2011

Along the Way



As I continue my adventure in children's ministry, I am so excited to lead the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade girls in KidzPlayce at The Gathering.

These Thursday posts are part of my journey along the way.

So Refuge, Easter, and Mother's Day have past and it's time to get back into the groove. The new challenge for me is that we have now gone to three services and I have switched from the later service at 11:30 to the 10:00 service. The reason that it is a challenge really had to do with the time changes in length of service and time constraints that I didn't experience in the later service. Our service time length has gone from two hours to an hour and a half.

While that doesn't seem like much of a difference, it definitely effects our small group time. We are going from about half an hour of small group time to around twenty minutes. I used all of the half hour preciously and need to start thinking about prioritizing in the twenty minutes available now. Of course the non-negotiable portion of that time is prayer. But how do I fit all the rest into that time frame? That is what I am working through right now.

I keep coming back to something Joy Bowen said in her breakout at Orange:

Remember that "how are you doing?" and "how can I pray for you?" trumps agenda EVERY time. It's all about relationships.

How long do you have for small groups? What does that time consist of?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...