Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What I'm Reading


I am doing this series on Wednesdays that will give me an opportunity to share what I am reading. This may vary from week to week as I tend to read multiple books at a time.




I have been reading this book with my Saturday morning group. I am reading chapter 7 and these are the questions that begin the chapter:
  • Do you recognize the foolishness of seeking fulfillment outside of Him?
  • Do you understand that it's impossible to please God in any way other than wholehearted surrender?
  • Do you grasp the beauty and deep joy of walking in genuine intimacy with God, our holy Father and Friend?
The chapter goes on to talk about the Hall of Faith detailed in Hebrews 11. So I was thinking today about these people contained in the Hall of Faith: Abraham, Jacob, Moses, Rahab, Samson, and David. These weren't perfect people, yet God used them in an incredible way.

What made them "useable" to God?
FAITH.
They believed.
They followed.
They didn't know every step of the journey that God was taking them on, but they had faith in Him, believed in Him, and followed Him.

Lord, give me that faith today.
All of me for all of You. 
Use me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...