Friday, April 15, 2011

Along the Way


As I continue my adventure in children's ministry, I am so excited to lead the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade girls in KidzPlayce at The Gathering.

These Thursday posts are part of my journey along the way.

This past Sunday I noticed something that made my heart skip a beat.

During the large group lesson we were learning about the story of when Jesus washed the feet of His disciples. The teacher began the lesson by asking the kids to get their Bibles and most of my girls got up to get theirs. I have been bringing extra Bibles and passed those out to those in our group that didn't have one. Then he began to read the scripture and I looked around at my girls and they were all reading along.

Did you hear what I said? They weren't talking to someone beside them. They weren't looking around at what everyone else was doing.
They were reading along in their Bibles!

It excited me because I believe that God is working on their hearts bringing them to fall in love His Word. Some of them are even talking about what they are reading at home! Made my heart skip a beat!

I pray that they fall more in love with Him and His Word everyday.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...