Friday, March 4, 2011

Road Trip with Momma


Was thinking today about the many times I have loaded the boys in the van to go somewhere and how it compares to my journey with God.
Here are some of those thoughts:

  • The boys really have no idea how we are getting to our destination, but they trust me to get them there.
  • The boys have no clue of the path we need to take, but they trust me to navigate the roads to our destination.
  • The boys have no real concept of the time it will take to get there, but they trust that I will get them there at just the right time.
  • The boys don't usually know in advance the stops we might need to make on the way, but they trust that the detours are necessary.
When the boys were younger they asked alot less questions than they do now. Now our roadtrip conversations include "Are we there yet?" and "Why are we stopping here?" They don't ask "Where are we going?" or "Why are we going there?" though. They don't ask to see the map and know each turn or the mileage it will take to get there. 

I ask alot of questions of God regarding the path we are taking together. I even have the "Are we there yet?" part of the conversation down pat. As I was thinking about all of this I remembered the standard answer I give the boys during this conversation, "You will know we are there when we get there. Sit back and enjoy the ride. Trust me."

Isn't that what God is telling me about our roadtrip as well?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...