Thursday, March 3, 2011

Along the Way


As I continue my adventure in children's ministry, I am so excited to lead the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade girls in KidzPlayce at The Gathering.
These Thursday posts are part of my journey along the way.

A few weeks ago I decided to try something a little out of the ordinary with my small group. I offered them my cellphone number with the offer to call or text me anytime (within reason of course). I wasn't really sure how it would go, but really wanted to connect with them through the week.

So several of my older girls who have cellphones of their own have called and texted me many times over the past few weeks. I have also been able to text them at various times through the week to let them know I am thinking of them and that I am praying for them. We have had the opportunity to talk about some rough days and celebrate some really great ones as well. I have also been blessed to pray for and with them during this time.

I am feeling so incredibly blessed to share this time with them outside of Sunday and they have commented on how cool it is to be able to talk to me whenever they want to. I am really pleased with how this has turned out and now am trying to think of even more ways to connect with them.

How are you connecting with your kids outside of Sundays?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...