Thursday, March 17, 2011

Along the Way



As I continue my adventure in children's ministry, I am so excited to lead the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade girls in KidzPlayce at The Gathering.
These Thursday posts are part of my journey along the way.

I made a mistake. Not that it was my first nor will it be my last, but it was definitely a mistake that has been on my heart and mind all week.

We have recently started doing something a little different with the kids who are here for both services which we lovingly call "repeats." During second service after worship this past Sunday one of our leaders took them outside of the room to do activities. A couple of my girls opted to stay in our small group and a couple decided to try out the "repeats" group.

My mistake happened when that group returned to the room while we were still in our small group. The girls returned and immediately came to where we were still gathered and were very excited. The problem was that we were at a point during small group where we were talking about prayer requests and some of the girls were sharing some pretty serious things. Instead of inviting the girls arriving to join us, I asked them to go back to their group until we were done. I knew as soon as they walked away that I had made a mistake, but wasn't able to handle it right then. We finished up group and I went to find the girls to talk with them. I started out by saying that I had made a mistake and apologizing to them. We agreed that from now on they will just automatically come in a sit with the group being sensitive to what might be happening at the time.

I made a mistake, recognized it, apologized for it,
and we came up with a solution for the next time.

I made a mistake.
 It isn't my first and it won't be my last.
 I do hope that I make less of them and
that with each one I make that
I am getting better in identifying and correcting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...