Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What I'm Reading


I have started a new series on Wednesdays that will give me an opportunity to share what I am reading. This may vary from week to week as I tend to read multiple books at a time.


Right now I am reading Between Us Girls by Vicki Courtney.

While it looks like a magazine, it is actually a book that is geared toward girls between the ages of eight and twelve and includes fantstic articles, games, and quizzes. Vicki has written a few of these books and the one I am reading is talking about faith, friends, and family. Topics covered in the book range from changes in their bodies to questions about faith to being a faithful friend. 

One of the things I really like in this book is the sections called "You've Got Mail" in which is explained that scripture is God's letters to us and gives encouraging verses to point out different things God is saying to us. I am really excited about this book as it is a fun way to communicate with preteen girls on their level and encourage some great conversations.

What are you reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...