Sunday, February 20, 2011

Today in KidzPlayce


Go Kinda Crazy

Kindness

*showing others they are valuable
by how you treat them*

Treat others as if they belong to God.

Memory Verse

Do to others as you would have them do to you.
Luke 6:31

Bible Lesson

'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
Matthew 25:35-40
Small Group Time

Today in our small group we talked about  
the 3 ways we can show kindness:
DO something! (words)
SAY something! (actions)
GIVE something! (gifts)

The girls talked about how hard it can be to be kind to someone who isn't nice to them. A few mentioned situations they are facing now and we all talked about what they can do to show kindness and how in doing so we are loving them like Jesus loves us.

We found the lesson verses in our Bibles and highlighted them to share with our families.

We also talked about paying it forward and received KINDNESS coins to give to someone we are kind to this week and encouraging them to pass it on.

We prayed for God to reveal opportunities to be kind to others this week.

Note to KidzPlayce Parents

Your child was given papers to bring home and share with you. The Refrigerator Door paper will tell you exactly what the lesson was today including the memory verse and Bible story. The God Time paper has something for you all to do together for four days this week. These activities will give you an opportunity to talk with your child about the lesson and have some great devotion time together as a family.

The KidzPlayce team feels so incredibly blessed to spend each week loving on your children and sharing God's Word with them. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you all each week.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...