Sunday, January 23, 2011

Today in KidzPlayce


Finish Line
Determination

Keep doing what you should
even if it's hard!

Memory Verse

Let us keep on running the race marked out for us.
Hebrews 12:1

Bible Lesson

I've worked much harder, been jailed more often, beaten up more times than I can count, and at death's door time after time. I've been flogged five times with the Jews' thirty-nine lashes, beaten by Roman rods three times, pummeled with rocks once. I've been shipwrecked three times, and immersed in the open sea for a night and a day. In hard traveling year in and year out, I've had to ford rivers, fend off robbers, struggle with friends, struggle with foes. I've been at risk in the city, at risk in the country, endangered by desert sun and sea storm, and betrayed by those I thought were my brothers. I've known drudgery and hard labor, many a long and lonely night without sleep, many a missed meal, blasted by the cold, naked to the weather.
2 Corinthians 11:23-27


However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.
Acts 20:24

Small Group Time

Today in our small group we talked about all of the bad things that Paul went through,but he wanted to finish what God had assigned him to do which was telling others about Jesus.

We talked about how there are things that happen that may discourage us and make us want to give up.

One of the illustrations I used with the girls is when we are drawing something that isn't turning out like we thought and we feel like crumbling it up and throwing it away.
One of the girls said that we can get a fresh paper and try again. Another of the girls said that out of the original drawing we can make something even more beautiful that we could have imagined.
Both are possible with God in our lives.
Note to KidzPlayce Parents

Your child was given papers to bring home and share with you. The Refrigerator Door paper will tell you exactly what the lesson was today including the memory verse and Bible story. The God Time paper has something for you all to do together for four days this week. These activities will give you an opportunity to talk with your child about the lesson and have some great devotion time together as a family.

The KidzPlayce team feels so incredibly blessed to spend each week loving on your children and sharing God's Word with them. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you all each week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...