Thursday, November 11, 2010

Along the Way


As I begin this new journey in my children's ministry adventure, I am so excited to lead the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade girls in KidzPlayce at The Gathering. These Thursday posts are part of my journey along the way.

My Pastor said something this past Sunday that has haunted me ever since I heard it. He said, "We (Christians) aren't the only ones going after the children." This really is so very true for our kids today.

What does this mean for me as a small group leader?

In a time when kids are overwhelmed with voices all around them, I have to be a strong and steady voice in their lives. I have to be one to encourage them to find their own voices. I have to be one that listens when it gets too loud around them. I have to be one that stands for them and kneels for them.

So I may not be the only one going after them, but I will fight the hardest. Every one of their hearts are worth fighting for.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...