Wednesday, July 28, 2010

3AM Wake Up Call



God woke me up this morning at 3am with one word...SURRENDER. Not easily done for a control freak like me. You see I am going through a season of waiting. Again not an easy place to be for me. So God has been working on how I am waiting. He has brought me back to the place of complete surrender. I am in His Word and talking to Him more than ever before and hear Him more clearly than I have in some time. It has made me hunger for His presence again. Hunger for those moments where He whispers "I love you." Hunger for those moments where He corrects me as only a loving Father can. Hunger for those moments where He says "Now that was good!" So this morning during my time with Him, I realized that this season was meant as a way to draw me closer to Him and that He is calling me to surrender myself to Him every day. How's that for a wake up call?

1 comment:

  1. I can so easily relate to your post! If I don't MAKE the time in the morning, my day just isn't the same. I can't wait to get into His Word and "hang" out with Him. It is for this exact reason I feel so badly for those who know Him near the end of their lives (or not at all) - they miss HIM completely. He is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...