Saturday, June 5, 2010

Stepping Stones




Every children's ministry volunteer is a stepping stone, bringing a child closer to God. From the person who makes copies of takehomes to the person who rocks a baby to the person who teaches each Sunday. When you volunteer you are not only impacting the life of a child, but his or her family as well.

Do you think you are "just a volunteer"?

Think of all the children who accepted Christ in the last year - you were a part of that! Think of all the children who were baptized in the last year - you were a part of that!

You are making a difference!

Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post Wendy! Even though I sometimes find myself doing it, I try to avoid the phrase "just a volunteer" when talking about myself. I consider what I do so much more than "just" anything. I am a blessed volunteer who God has allowed to have an impact on his children, and that is something I thank him for everyday. To refer to that honor and responsibility as "just a volunteer" or "just" anything else seems like a slight to my God!

    Keep up the awesome work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...