Friday, February 19, 2010

Lesson from a Kidney Stone

Kidney stones? Seriously?

That was my thought when I went to the doctor's earlier this week and found out that I have kidney stones. I have never had them before and was not comforted when my doctor said that most people compare passing them to childbirth. I had epidurals with all three of the boys. Just saying.

So what lesson could I possibly learn from a kidney stone you ask? I found out what it truly means to rest. I went kicking and screaming through this lesson as I am so not a "be still" kind of girl. Always on the move is my mantra. Physically that hasn't been possible for me the past few days. I have been forced to rest and I couldn't be more thankful for this lesson. So in a way that makes me thankful for my kidney stone. God gave me the gift of precious time with Him the past few days. Time to let my family take care of me. Time for me to come to Him with my thoughts and dreams. Time for me to praise Him. Why wouldn't I be thankful for all of that?

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. "
Matthew 11:28-29

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...