Sunday, August 2, 2009

silence

Silence...Silence has for years had a terrible connotation for me and is something I still struggle with today.

I experienced the silence as a child of divorce. The loneliness of a child whose world is turned upside down. To this day, my father has continued the silence. My prayer is that God will open his heart to me again one day.

I experienced the silence as an abused wife. The emptiness of a woman turned inside out with pain...both physical and emotional. My first marriage was a nightmare that I literally escaped from. Thank God for bringing me out.

The silence in these parts of my life meant nothing good. So I tend to react badly during the silence in certain situations. I am one of those people that will try to fill the silence...by talking, playing the tv for background sound, etc. I will read into silence with people.

There is only one part of my life that I am completely comfortable with silence and that is my quiet time with God. There I am loved. There I am safe. There I am His beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...