Monday, July 13, 2009

The REAL Me

Someone said to me today that they know me better than I think they do. How did that happen? I try to hide that part of myself. You know that part of yourself that makes you vulnerable? You know that part of you that you think someone might use to hurt you or even judge you? That's what I am talking about...the REAL me.

Isn't that what holds us back from a close relationship with God sometimes. Thinking that there is no way that God could know everything about me and love me anyway. But the beauty of God's love is that He so gets me...the REAL me.

He knows that you are insecure and scared.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

He knows everything about you and values you.

"Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."
Luke 12:7

He only asks ...

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."
Mark 12:30

So I am ok with showing God the REAL me. I know He loves me. You want to know how I know?
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...