Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Armor Up

A close friend and I were recently talking about me serving in Summit Kidz. She told me to start getting prepared for the enemy's attacks and to "armor up." Then another friend stated that he believed the same thing-that the enemy was preparing to attack. Then another friend said she thought it was already happening. Ok now I am definitely listening. Time to do some serious studying.

"Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring [in fierce hunger], seeking someone to seize upon and devour. Withstand him; be firm in faith [against his onset--rooted, established, strong, immovable, and determined], knowing that the same (identical) sufferings are appointed to your brotherhood (the whole body of Christians) throughout the world."
1 Peter 5:8-9

"The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows)."
John 10:10

The enemy comes to steal your joy, kill your witness, and destroy your life. The mind and emotions are 2 areas that Satan most fiercely attacks believers. And this is just the beginning of what I am studying. Pretty scary stuff. Except that God gives us the armor to fight these attacks.

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place And with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
Ephesians 6:10-17

So where is the weakness in my armor? What I found out in the last few days is that I have been experiencing self doubt. Questioning myself.

Then I remembered a great lesson from a friend about a tree.

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."
John 15:5

And another friend mentioned grace.

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

So God is encouraging me not only by His word, but also by using people around me. ARMOR UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...