Monday, February 4, 2013

Missions Monday: Walking Down a Hallway at Orange


The Orange Conference is just a few months away. This week I will be joining the Orange Bloggers in sharing our hearts about the conference, curriculum,  and the strategy of Orange. You can find a list of all the bloggers at Orange Leaders.

Being that today is Monday, I wanted to start out the week by sharing how The Orange Conference influenced me in starting Missions Monday.

I attended my first Orange Conference in 2010. As I came out of the registration area I came upon a hallway filled with display booths. The first people I encountered were David and Karen Rhodes with Kidz Konnect 4 Jesus. I spent time listening to their hearts for sharing Jesus with the children of Belize and fell in love with them. I loved hearing what God is doing through them and their team and how the lives of children were being impacted.

I walked through the rest of the hallway, speaking with the representative of each organization. What a fantastic opportunity it was to hear the heart of each one and learn more about the good that they are doing around the world.

I left the conference thinking that there are so many organizations that I haven't heard about and that there are probably many people who haven't either. I realized that I have a platform here on my blog that I can use to introduce these organizations to my readers. They can learn more about what they are doing and how they can get involved. So a month after attending The Orange Conference, Missions Monday began. Since then over 90 organizations have been featured in the past three years and there are many more to come.

It all began walking down a hallway at Orange.
Can't wait to do it again this year!


Have you registered for The Orange Conference yet? 
Register before February 14th and receive a $50 Orange credit and save $40.
You can register here:

Hope to see you there!

Blessings,

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...