Friday, December 21, 2012

For the Hidden Heroes



There are hidden heroes that go into the dark places and give everything they are to rescue those who are prisoners in a world that most of us could never imagine. 
Our undercover investigators for The Exodus Road are on the front lines of the war against human trafficking and are some of the bravest people I know.

But even the bravest heroes need an encouraging word. 
They need to know that, while they are hidden, they are not forgotten.

Here is my letter to them:

Friends,

I feel like I can call you that. We have never met, 
but I know your hearts and have heard your stories.

Thank you. Thank you for everything you do. 
I know you don't expect a thanks for it.
You do it for those you rescue and that is enough.

I know what you do impacts you in ways that I can never imagine. 
What you see. You go into the dark to be the light. You offer hope in a world that seems hopeless. You offer rescue to those who can't see past the prisons.

I am sure there are moments when you are discouraged.

Take heart.
You are making a difference, friends. With every person you have rescued that now knows freedom, you are making a difference. With every prosecution that takes a trafficker off the street and into prison, you are making a difference.

I am sure there are moments that you feel alone.

I am here. Praying for you. 
Lifting you up to Him for courage, strength, and safety.
I am here. Telling your stories. 
Letting others know about all you are doing and those you are doing it for.
I am here and we are in this together.
Although we are miles apart, we are of one heart and mind in our mission.
I will do my best here to match your best there.

Stay strong, warriors.
Shine your light bright.

Much love and thanks,
Wendy

Would you join me and write a word of encouragement to them as well?

Handwritten letters can be mailed by January 5 to:
The Exodus Road 
PO Box 7591 
Woodland Park, Colorado 80863

You can also write a letter to them online here.

To learn more about The Exodus Road and
how you can get involved, you can visit our website here:
The Exodus Road - Website
You can connect with us on Facebook here:
The Exodus Road - Facebook
and you can follow us on Twitter here:
The Exodus Road - Twitter


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to deliver this in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice letter and a great Idea. I'm linking up from the Harvest of Friends Blog Hop. I would love for you to follow me back!
    http://www.navywif33.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...