Friday, March 16, 2012

Today I am thankful for...


Today I am thankful for...
words.

Sometimes they escape me.
Sometimes they fail me.

Sometimes they are on the tip of my tongue.
Sometimes they have to be eaten.

Sometimes they are given freely.
Sometimes they can't be taken back.

Sometimes they jump off the page.
Sometimes they linger in the air.

Sometimes they grip my heart.
Sometimes they ignite my brain.

Words are beautiful.
Words are ugly.
Words are powerful.

Words can make me feel.
Words can make me think.

Words can inspire me.
Words can discourage me.

I love the look of them.
I love the sound of them.

I hate when they are used to hurt.
I love when they are used to heal.


Today I am thankful for...
words.


1 comment:

  1. wonderful post! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...