Monday, January 2, 2012

I Pray



I pray.

I pray in the morning. I pray throughout the day. I pray at night before I go to bed.

I pray for my family. I pray for my friends. I pray for my church. I pray for our children's ministry. I pray for the world.

But...

I am a talker. I like to talk on the phone. I like to talk over coffee. I just like to talk.

Unfortunately recently that whole talking thing filtered into my prayer life as well. I had stopped listening as much. I had forgotten that this was supposed to be a conversation.

My Abba wanted to speak to me and I wasn't silent long enough to hear Him. I can't tell you the exact moment I realized this. I just felt that pull to Him. You know the one where you just have to get alone with Him. Well over a few days of this time with Him, I just felt a gentle, loving "shhhhh..." in my spirit.

It was like something shifted inside me.

So today...

I pray.

But...

I listen more.




2 comments:

  1. I love this post Wendy! And actually all of your blog! It's good to connect with a fellow blogger & someone who has that passion for children's ministry. Glad to be friends on cmconnect. God bless you as you serve our little ones!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...