Monday, December 19, 2011

What I'm Reading


Doing this series on Wednesdays gives me an opportunity to share what I am reading. This may vary from week to week as I tend to read multiple books at a time.


 

Enemies of the Heart by Andy Stanley is a must read. He is such an incredible teacher. In this book he talks about sin and the emotions that control us.

The book is about guilt, anger, greed, and jealousy.


Guilt- I Owe You
Anger- You Owe Me
Greed- I Owe Me
Jealousy- God Owes Me

"Andy Stanley explores each of these destructive forces and how they infiltrate your life and damage your relationships. He says that, left unchallenged they have the power to destroy your home, your career, and your friendships."





Not an easy topic to read for sure, but he doesn't just leave you thinking of these emotions, but shares how to identify, examine, and confront them. It is a convicting book and an encouraging one as well.

There are discussion questions included in the book which makes for a good small group study as well as a personal study.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...