Friday, December 9, 2011

An Invitation to Romance


Be still, and know that I am God.
Psalm 46:10a

In times past I have looked at this verse as a command to stop doing so much and have a quiet time with God. Today my Abba gave me a new way of looking at it. It isn't a command, but an loving invitation to be with Him and get to know Him better through His Word and fall more deeply in love with Him.

Catherine Martin says in her book Knowing and Loving the Bible,

"God is inviting you to a secret garden of intimacy and romance with Him. He wants you to know Him. Let His desire for you become your greatest desire too."

To know that my Father wants so much to spend time alone with me is overwhelming. To know that He longs to speak to my heart so intimately is breathtaking. To know that this is one of His deepest desires is the most romantic invitation that I have ever received.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...