It's time for Missions Monday.
Every Monday I will introduce you to some great charities that you can get involved in. When I say get involved, I mean you can donate your money, time, and/or pray for these organizations who are doing amazing things to help people.
Today I would like to introduce you to
From the website:
· Generate awareness of the global human rights crime of sexual slavery, particularly of women and young girls.
· Raise financial support for efforts to end sex trafficking in Nepal.· Educate girls in Nepal to actively prevent sex trafficking on the front lines.
Our Work· We sponsor a safe house in Butwal, Nepal, where women and young girls who are victims of sex trafficking receive shelter, counseling and vocational training.
· At-risk girls are employed to make the bracelets for Fair Trade wages in an effort to prevent them from becoming victims of trafficking.
· We sponsor two border units along the Nepal/India border that are staffed with young women previously rescued from slavery. They possess the personal experience to effectively identify traffickers.
· We sponsor girls’ sewing classes in villages throughout Nepal that provide young women with the training and resources needed for them to earn a steady income.
· We provide Red Thread bracelets to girls in Nepal that they use to educate their friends and other girls about the risk of being trafficked.
To learn more about this organization and how you can get involved, you can visit their website here:
You can connect with them on Facebook here:
and follow them on Twitter here: