Sunday, October 2, 2011

20 Questions with My KidMin Conference Friends


In less than a week I will be headed to Chicago for the very first Kidmin Conference hosted by Group. I am over the top excited to get together with others in Children's Ministry for this time of conversations and learning.

Several of my friends are speaking and I wanted to take this time to learn more about them and what they will be sharing at the conference.



Have you met Sam Luce?
One of the things I love about Sam is his generosity. He is one of those people that loves to help others by answering questions, offering ideas, and sharing resources. I so appreciate him.

Sam has been the Children’s Pastor at Redeemer Church in Utica, NY for the past 14 years. He is currently serving as the Utica Campus Pastor and the Global family pastor. 

Here are Sam's answers to my 20 questions:

Rollercoaster or merry-go-round?
---Rollercoaster. I punch merry-go-round people in the face. Teacups make me puke
 
Do you like your own handwriting?
---I don't like my handwriting. I write like a doctor without the salary.

What would your superpower be if you could choose one?
---The ability to stop time and teleport like Hiro.

What is one of your favorite quotes?
---Hans Hoffman “The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak."

What do you collect?
---Nothing. I used to collect Keychains as a kid.

What movie would your friends be surprised that you like?
---The Devil Wears Prada

What are your favorite smells?
---Coffee

Coffee or Tea?
---Coffee

What is the best thing you've ever eaten? (Where?)
---My wife is an incredible cook. Anything she makes.

What are you listening to right now?
---Jesus Culture

What career would you pursue in another life?
---I'd be in a Punk Band.

What sound or noise do you love?
---Those sounds that newborn babies make. Love it.

What sound or noise do you hate?
---Construction sounds, drilling into metal etc...

Mountains or Beach?
---Beach.

What is your favorite fairy tale or childhood story?
---I liked Robin Hood.

What would you tell the 13 year old you?
---To be myself, not to care what others think, submit to God and make wise choices.

What is your favorite cereal?
---Basic 4.

What book are you reading now?
---The war of Art and the Divine Mentor.

What was your favorite toy as a child?
---My bike.

Where did you spend your last family vacation?
---In Toranto CA.

Sam will be leading a workshop at the conference called Never Serve Alone: Creating an Attractive Culture for Volunteers and here is a bit about what he will be sharing there.

You're intensely dependent on volunteers. In fact, your ability to recruit, train, and release volunteers is what determines much of your success as a leader. In this workshop, we're going to discuss job descriptions, vision, values, and how those play into creating and maintaining an attractive ministry culture. Strong teams are built by leaders who trust God and clearly define who needs to be a part of the team and where they fit in on that team. Join us and you'll learn how to do that.

Take some time to chat with Sam at the conference. You might start out by asking him a bit more about the whole Punk band answer :) You can learn more about Sam and from him on his blog and connect with him on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...