Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What I'm Reading


Doing this series on Wednesdays gives me an opportunity to share what I am reading. This may vary from week to week as I tend to read multiple books at a time.


The Seven Principles of Servant Leadership

  1. Servant leaders humble themselves and wait for God to promote them. (based on Luke 14:7-11)
  2. Servant leaders follow Jesus rather than seek a position. (based on Mark 10:32-40)
  3. Servant leaders give up personal rights to find greatness in service to others. (based on Mark 10:41-45)
  4. Servant leaders can risk serving others because they know God is in control of their lives. (based on John 13:3)
  5. Servant leaders take up Jesus' towel of service to meet the needs of others. (based on John 13:4-11)
  6. Servant leaders share their responsibility and authority with others to meet a greater need. (based on Acts 6:1-6)
  7. Servant leaders multiply their leadership by empowering others to lead. (based on Exodus 18:17-23)

This is probably my favorite book on leadership that I have read to date. There is something about learning leadership from how Jesus led his disciples rather than from a leadership book that is geared towards business. I love how the author has broken each principle down and shows the scripture each one is based on. As each week passes in this study with my mentor, I feel challenged in how I lead at home and in ministry.

What are you reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...