Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What I'm Reading


Doing this series on Wednesdays gives me an opportunity to share what I am reading. This may vary from week to week as I tend to read multiple books at a time.


At first glance you might think that this book by Michelle Aguilar is only about her weight loss journey on The Biggest Loser, but you couldn't be more wrong. This is a beautiful story of overcoming fear, reconciling relationships, and learning to live a different life. She begins by sharing the effects of her parents divorce and how taking care of others during this time became her priority at the expense of her own physical, emotional, and spiritual health. Michelle takes us with her through this time of self exploration to become a healthier woman in every area of her life sharing the difficult moments and well as the celebrations of breakthroughs. By sharing her journey, Michelle both encourages and challenges everyone to become fearless.

I loved reading this incredible story and identified with much of her story along the way. This is definitely a book I would recommend you read.

Here is Michelle sharing her journey through I am Second:


You can learn more about Michelle on her website here:

You can also connect with her on Facebook here:
and you can follow her on Twitter here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...